You have three options for scheduling a meeting:
- UMX Outlook Calendar Plug-in
- Google Calendar Plug-in
- Scheduler within the UMX Portal
All meetings will appear in the portal under the Meeting Schedule tab regardless of how the meeting is created. Changes made to a meeting will also be reflected in the portal meeting scheduler.
1. UMX Outlook Add-in
The Microsoft Outlook Calendar add-in enables an individual to schedule a UMX meeting directly through the Outlook instance. The body of the invitation will provide join options in the language configured for the user.
If you create a meeting in MS Outlook, it cannot be altered from within the UMX portal. You will need to make your modifications or revisions through MS Outlook.
For Outlook Add-in installation instructions, please see this article.
To schedule a meeting through the Outlook Add-in:
- Create a new meeting request.
- Click the UMX Insert Meeting Details button.
- The body of the message will become populated with info on how to join your meeting. Fill in the other information (attendees, date, time etc.) as normal.
- Give your meeting a title.
- Select a date and time.
- Note: If you have not yet signed into your VMR, you will be prompted to enter your UMX credentials. Enter the email and password that you use to sign into your UMX account.
- Click Send.
2. Google Calendar
You can schedule a UMX meeting with Google Calendar simply by downloading the Google Chrome Extension. Meeting invitations in Google Calendar can be customized to improve the meeting experience for all users.
To download the Google Calendar plug-in:
- Go to LINK (coming soon!)
- Click Add to Chrome.
- Click Add extension to confirm.
- Click the UMX icon in the top right corner of the screen and sign in.
To schedule a meeting with the Google Chrome Plug-in:
- Click the UMX icon from the extension menu in the top right corner of your browser.
- Click Create UMX meeting.You will be redirected to a google calendar meeting page where you can:
- Give your meeting a title.
- Set a date and time.
- Look at other participants’ calendars to find a time that works for everyone.
- The message explains how to join the meeting and is sent to the other participants. Fill in the other information (attendees, date, time etc.) as you would normally.
- Finally hit Save. An invitation will be sent to the other meeting participants.
3. Portal Scheduler
This tab displays the meetings you have scheduled through Outlook, Google Calendar, or the portal itself. They can be sorted by Today, This Week, This Month or All Meetings. To schedule a meeting, start by clicking the Meeting Schedule tab on the dashboard. From here you can schedule, view, and edit meetings.
- Click to schedule a meeting.
- Customize the meeting invite.
- Download the outlook plugin.
- Sort list of meetings to see meetings today, this week, this month.
- See the list of all meetings.
- Toggle calendar view on and off.
- See meeting details. Including date, time, and see meeting participants.
- Edit the meeting.
- Delete the meeting.