Joining a Meeting In Browser
After a chairperson schedules a meeting, each attendee receives an email invite with a URL link to the meeting. Participants can join meetings from the Unified Meetings X join page or from the link in their meeting invite. Participants will stay in the virtual waiting room until the chairperson/moderator joins the call.
Note: Compatible browsers include Google Chrome, Apple Safari, and Mozilla Firefox.
Join a Meeting Via Calendar Invite
When a meeting is scheduled, all meeting participants will receive a calendar invite via email. The invite will include a link to join the meeting as well as other join instructions.
To join a meeting from a calendar invite:
- Click the hyperlink in the meeting invite or copy and paste the web URL into the address bar of your web browser.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Click Join.
- Review and select your preferred camera and microphone. Click More Options if you’d like to change other audio/video preferences.
- Click Connect when you are ready to join the meeting.
- If it is your first time joining a UMX call, you will be asked to allow the use of your Camera and Microphone. Click Allow.
Note: If you are using Mozilla Firefox, click Remember This Decision to skip this step the next time you join a meeting.