Yes. You will need a data connection (Wi-Fi or cellular) in order to access most features of SmartMeet. You will need a Wi-Fi connection if your carrier does not support simultaneous use of voice and data services.
Articles in this section
- What are the benefits of SmartMeet?
- Which smartphones are supported by SmartMeet?
- Which tablets are supported by SmartMeet?
- Is SmartMeet supported by Windows phones?
- Do I need a Pragmatic audio conferencing account to download and use SmartMeet?
- Can I start and join meetings on my desktop?
- What should I do if I don’t have an account?
- How do I request my welcome email?
- Where do I find my conference code and leader PIN?
- Does SmartMeet support landscape mode?