Directly from your conference, dial out to domestic participants and bring them into your call or you can contact the operator to dial out to international participants.
NOTE: To use this feature, you must be logged in as the Leader on the call. You must also have the Dial Out feature enabled in our system and this can be verified either by logging into our Customer Portal and reviewing your settings or simply trying to use the feature on a test call. If you aren't sure, contact us and we are happy to help!
Dialing Out to Participants
Step 1 – Enter the phone number and/or extension
- Press *1 to initiate
- The prompt will say: “Enter the area code and number, followed by #”
- Dial the phone number and press #
- To dial a North American number, dial 1 + city area code + phone number
- To dial an international number, dial 011 + country code + city area code + number)
- You will be given the option to enter or not enter an extension
- The phone number and/or extension is then repeated back
- Press # to proceed to connection options (Step 2 below)
Step 2 – Select the connection option
- After Step 1.6 above, the system instructs the Moderator, “The following options are available once you press # to begin dialing" and you will hear the four options listed below. At this point, remember to press # to dial the number because you might forget after hearing the four options. Once you are connected to the participant line, select from one of the options listed below:
- Connection Options
- Press *1 to join the Chairperson and the Participant to the conference
- Press *2 to join the new Participant to the conference and the Chairperson gains access to a new outside line to dial again to add another Participant
- Press *3 to disconnect the Participant line & brings Chairperson back into the call
- Press *4 to disconnect the line and Chairperson may continue dialing to add other Participants
For faster use of the dial out feature, you can bypass the voice prompts by performing the following dialing sequence:
- North America: *1; then 1 + area code + number, then #, then 1. Once the other end answers the line, it’s *1 to connect them to call.
- International: *1; then 011 + country code + area code + number, then #, then 1. Once the other end answers the line, it’s *1 to connect them to call.
It isn't. It really isn't! It has been our experience that if you try this feature once, it does becoming easier the next time.
Keep in mind you can also press *0 or 00 to request Operator Assistance when trying to dial out to someone from your conference call.